Cordon is a typical Savoyard village
Sometimes known as "The Balcony of Mont Blanc", due to its exceptional location opposite the Mont-Blanc and the Aravis mountain ranges
The Cordon village centre is situated at an altitude of 870 metres and some of the surrounding hamlets are located at up to 1200 metres.
- Family orientated ski resort with 11 kms of excellent slopes for all ski levels, right in front of the spectacular and panoramic Mont-Blanc.
- The ski slopes are equipped with snow cannons and 6 ski lifts including one for beginners, serving 9 slopes (from 1000 m to 1600 m).
- L'église baroque Notre Dame de l'Assomption was erected between 1781 and 1787. Its bell tower is in full view of the Mont-Blanc.
- Situated near the farm, the baker's ovens are built out of stone with a frame and a roof sometimes of slate.
- Tourism in Cordon is traditional of the middle mountain, hiking, excursions, rest, contemplation and sports activities (climbing, mountain biking, horse riding, archery, rafting, canyoning, rafting etc...).
Cordon's surroundings offer heritage which is rich in nature, history and culture.
- Combloux is the only village in France offering a biotope lake open for bathing with its stilted cottages housing the fitness centre with saunas, hammams and jacuzzis along with massage, anti-stress and beauty parlours.
- Megève, a traditional village with its horse-drawn carriages and mountain walks. Megève is part of the Espace Evasion , 450 kms of slopes over three separate ski areas. The centre of the village is ideal for shopping.
- Sallanches with its shops, Carrefour shopping mall and its regional market on Saturday mornings. Le Centre de la Nature Montagnarde (CNM). The Centre for Mountain Nature, is housed at the Château des Rubins and aims to enhance the natural heritage found in the department of Haute-Savoie. With the presentation of varying natural environments, the exhibition lets us discover seasonal animals and plants as well as the landscapes and the geology of the department.
- Saint Gervais les Bains, and its spa specializes in treatments for the skin spa treatments, beauty and fitness centre.
- Plan d'eau de Passy (Passy lake), bathing lake with a lifeguard presence during the summer and a water temperature of about 22° with the possibility to do windsurfing.
- Le parc Merlet (the Merlet Park), located in a spectacular setting of 20 hectares, at an altitude of 1500 m, opposite the Mont-Blanc range, the wildlife park offers marked trails, 7 species of free roaming mountain fauna such as the ibex, considered the king of the mountain, the active but wary chamois, the mouflon which is recognizable by its curled horns and the marmot, a big sleeper which hibernates from October through to April.
- Chamonix Mont-Blanc, for skiers who thrive on risk, the ski areas of Chamonix (Brévent, les Grands Montets and the Aiguille du midi with the famous Vallée Blanche which has 20 kms of off-piste skiing).